INTRODUCTORY WOODSHOP POSITION
Trademark Wood Products has an introductory woodshop position with a career path to Cabinet Maker or Installer. We are a Custom Cabinetry, Furniture and Millwork shop located in Shakopee, MN whose market niche includes being a one-stop-shop for many of the creative, local builders. This regularly has us working on very exciting projects with many challenging installs and builds.
We are looking for a person to join our team that is willing and able to build cabinetry, install cabinetry and when necessary work alone or in a team atmosphere if needed. We are a shop that tends to hire based on attitude and desire, as a result we have a very cohesive team that works well together. A good candidate should be excited to perform general woodworking including; constructing cabinetry, countertops, millwork, doors, and other products from solid wood, flat-panel, or wood-based products by using woodworking machines and hand tools.
This full time, benefit-eligible position reports to our Shop Manager.
Tasks for this job include:
· Interpret drawings to determine measurements and specifications required to construct cabinetry and other wood products.
· Set-up and operate such woodworking machines as jointer, molder, sliding table saw, edge sander, edge bander, CNC and shaper to cut and shape lumber from stock
· Select and prepare solid wood and manufactured sheet goods and mark out, cut and shape pieces
· Trim and glue joints and fit parts together to form sections of cabinetry and other wood products using hand tools such as planes, chisels or wood files
· Place sections in clamps, apply pressure and reinforce joints with nails, dowels, and screws
· Assist lead installer in cabinet installation
· Operate company delivery truck to pick-up materials from suppliers and vendors or drop off materials or finished products at private residences or vendors’ place of business. Must be able to lift and carry 70 pounds.
· Understand plans and determine if client needs additional pieces to complete job and relay findings to manager
· Assemble cabinetry
· Maintain shop and job site cleanliness
· Applicant must be motivated and able to think on their feet
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment that is deadline driven and fast paced
· Outstanding prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Power and hand tool experience a must
· Job requires lifting and moving of tools, products and materials
· Must have a valid driver’s license to drive the company truck and personal reliable transportation
· Competitive compensation package including benefits
· Full-time position: Monday – Friday work week with hours of 7:00AM to 3:30PM